For the treasury department we are looking for a team player, with good communication skills, strong numerical and analytical capabilities, and 0-3 years of relevant working experience.
Whilst no two days are alike, a typical day in the life of a Treasury Officer might start with: monitoring the banks’ leverage & liquidity ratios, following which you will set the day’s funding requirements, and negotiate NWB’s funding costs with institutional investors in the money & capital markets. Once you have settled on a price and size, you will contact the banks investment banking partners to hedge this transaction, in order to minimize any risk arising from currency and interest rate fluctuations. After finalizing each funding transactions, you will book them in the internal systems for processing, and will be able to see the impact of your transactions on the ratios of the bank the next day.
Amongst the responsibilities of the position are:
- Liquidity management: management of the daily liquidity position, short term funding via commercial paper and repo transactions, maintenance of relationships with banks and brokers
- Asset and Liability Management: management of the banks’ short term interest rate risk position, undertaking of hedging transactions
- Collateral: management of the collateral position, both within central clearing and the bilateral csa’s
- General: taking part in bankwide regulatory, and change projects, being part of the Treasury team on the other responsibilities
The Treasury department (5 FTE) has the following main responsibilities:
- asset & liability management
- cash management
- management of the liquidity portfolio
- funding in the international capital markets
- investor relations
NWB Bank is a leading promotional bank for the Dutch public sector. The banks’ core business is providing long and short term financing for, or under the guarantee of, Dutch local authorities. The bank funds its activities in the international money and capital markets on the back of a very strong financial position, and the highest credit ratings. As an agile institution, a member of the treasury team would typically be expected to cover a broad range of topics. This lean approach is illustrated by our sizeable balance sheet of circa €100 billion (making NWB Bank the 5th largest bank in the Netherlands), and an organisation of only around 75 employees. Key for the bank is the focus on sustainability.
We offer an attractive package of primary and secondary terms of employment, with amongst other things ample possibilities for further study, and development. The bank offers a professional, and pleasant working environment, with a focus on initiative and cooperation.